European Blackjack Strategy: Essential Points
European Blackjack can be found among popular and loved blackjack variations which are played all over the world; this particular type of blackjack game is possible to meet in European casinos as well as in the online casinos, and it does not differ much from a conventional blackjack though has some unique features such as:
- European Blackjack is played by only 2 decks of 52 cards.
- European Blackjack gives you a right to hit up to 9 cards and have 11 cards in your hand as a result.
They are the brightest features of this blackjack variation, and they help to determine it easily; as well as other blackjack variations, European Blackjack can boast with special strategy charts to play it. So, if you seriously plan to use them for winning this blackjack game, it would be better for you to learn these charts by heart and follow them during your gambling.
Straregy to Use
First of all, remember the following aspects of the game:
1. A dealer always stands on 17.
2. Cards are reshuffled each time the game is over.
3. Blackjack beats all hands, including the ones of 21 points.
As well as most blackjack variations, European Blackjack has a concrete strategy for hard hands, soft hands and splitting pairs.
Hard Hands Strategy:
- Always hit if you have 5-8 points.
- Always stand if you have 17-21 points.
- Always double if you have 10-11, and a dealer has 2-9. If doubling down is not allowed - then hit.
- Always stand if you have 13-16, and a dealer has 2-6; otherwise - hit.
Soft Hands Strategy:
- Always hit if you have 13-17 points.
- Stand if you have 18 and a dealer has 2-8; otherwise - hit.
- Always stand if you have 19-21 points.
Splitting Pairs Strategy:
- Always split Aces unless a dealer has an Ace; otherwise - hit.
- Always stand if you have two 10's.
- Double down 5's unless a dealer has 10's of an Ace; otherwise - hit.
- Stand on 9's when a dealer's up card is 7's, 10's or and Ace.